How are you making money with your blog?

Cathycreech

Feb 7, 2020
North Carolina
50over55.com
~I made less than $3 on AdSense after months so I took the ads off for a while. I've just recently allowed some again bc I've been getting more traffic with 10k challenge and Blogging Blastoff. Will see how that goes.🤓
~Was kicked off of Amazon even with a couple of sales that they didn't allow for some reason... I'm going to keep working on traffic and try to figure out a strategy that works for getting people to click on links and actually buy something. Any suggestions welcomed!:) Also, how long did you all wait to reapply? I would like to reapply if this actually pays decently.
~So far, the emails I've sent reaching out for sponsored posts or collaborations, haven't even been acknowledged :p
OK don't laugh....well you can if you want, I did!...I thought the only things I've gotten from HARO & Cison were solicitations bc the 1st line that showed in my email was always some list or tip they were pushing. I deleted everyone of them daily. I just realized that the queries were all below and numerous. I've probably missed some opportunities. Haha😂 Has anyone had any luck on sponsored posts or anything with them?
~Our blog is a travel blog so we don't have a product to sell. That sounds like a good revenue source for those of you that do.
I would love to learn some tips and techniques on getting brands to respond for collaboration. I know it's possible bc I see Instagram influencers doing it all the time! 🤩
I'm right there with you! I have tried the same things...not much luck! a few Amazon sales about $3 made.. I am just trying to put more content out there, work social media and try to move traffic to my site..

It certainly does take time, Deb! Glad that you realize that and are taking proactive action to make it happen for you! I wanted to share a link to Pete and Heather’s video explaining the top 5 ways you can make money blogging! If you click through to watch the video on their Facebook page, you can comment to automatically receive a pdf document with more information. https://www.facebook.com/ItsALovelyLife/videos/358541938259019/ I hope this helps!
Thank you!

Emmasroadmap

Feb 7, 2020
www.emmasroadmap.com
Hi!
I am thinking of joining an Amazon affiliate program. However, they have country-specific programs and since I live in Belgium there is no such program for my country. I was wondering what to do now?
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: ICeeResults

servicedogstory

Mar 16, 2020
I'm going to try affiliate with brands like Kong and GoDog and a few good dog food brands. I'm also considering writing a few picture ebooks to explain service dogs to young ones, but this is an area I'm REALLY not sure about. If anyone has advice or ideas for a Service-Dog-Life-centered blog, I'd be EXTREMELY grateful.

servicedogstory

Mar 16, 2020
$0.08 here from adsense. I HATE ads so I think it truly goes against who I am to keep them, especially when there is no money to be had. I'm working on my "products" and budget coaching/training sessions. I am considering Blogging Blastoff 2.0 but need to save up a little money to go for it - hoping that'll help me make really money.
I'm in the same boat with Blogging Blastoff. It sounds so good, but even with the added incentives this month, it doesn't fit my budget. High-five on the saving-up, though. See you there!

SabrinaAnt

Feb 10, 2020
Clover, SC
I am using Adsense. I have not made much money either but I am focusing on building my traffic. I will continue to run ads so my audience of 25 will be use to seeing ads should I decide to continue with affiliate marketing or some other source of income. Easy to get less than 100 subscribers use to ads than to try to get 100K use to ads. JMHO

Last edited:

Mamadoesit

Feb 8, 2020
i Started with adding amazon product links into some of my posts and because I didn’t make any sales within I think it was 180 days they cancelled our agreement. I am located in Canada and it maybe different than other countries but was pretty disappointed. I would love to learn other strategies to generate income
You can always sign up again. And next time ask one of your friends to click through one of your links and make a purchase the next time they need something from Amazon 🤷🏾‍♀️

Colette

Apr 5, 2020
New York
irelandonabudget.com
I am trying to make money through affiliate products. However, I have a question for Pete. How much traffic does one need before diving into sponsored posts? And do you think this will be still relevant given our current crisis? I am in the travel niche. Thanks!

Michelle S

Apr 10, 2020
www.thetravnav.com
FACEBOOK
TheTravNav
TWITTER
TheTravNav
YOUTUBE
TheTravNav
I signed up for the Amazon Affiliate program. It was very easy to get started. I created a shop page for my website and over the last few months, I made about $20. Not a lot, but it's a start. his is what my shop page looks like: https://thetravnav.com/shop/

Hoping to be able to boost sales as I increase the number of followers (fingers crossed) Has anyone tried an affiliate program other than Amazon?

Tmhmk911

Apr 10, 2020
Michigan
I just got approved for share a sale after 2 declines. After decline I emailed and asked them how to increase chances and they approved. I need to get links set up. Will see how it goes

CraigHarmann

Feb 7, 2020
I've thought about doing a Patreon for my blog.....but I'm not quite sure exactly how that would work. I'm still thinking through what I could give as bonuses.

ICeeResults

May 14, 2020
I've made my first $.13 with AdSense:ROFLMAO:. That is only since participating in the 10K challenge. This makes me want to focus more on increasing my monetization. So I will be focusing on that next, now that I have a little more time with the challenge being over.
Great start. I havent tried monetizing with my website as yet.