Day 3 Assignment

Team Reese

Administrator
Admin
Mar 17, 2020
Reply with "Done" below when you have completed today's assignment

egelerli

Jun 8, 2020
I am not sure if this is the thread for asking questions? I'm wondering about the Site Title (Home Title) piece. Is the site title the same my blog name: On To New Adventures? Is "It's A Lovely Life" your Site Title as well as the name of your blog? Please let me know if I need to post this somewhere else.

Jon Wierenga

Apr 4, 2020
Okay... not sure I should say, "done"... maybe "making progress"? I have an "About Me Page" it looks pretty good as far as addressing what my blog is about. I am a bit confused as to how search engines (Google) can find the content... how do I "do" SEO? Is there a language or format I need to use? Where do I enter that? In All in One SEO?
I added a Favicon. What can I say about this... COOL!
I reviewed my Plugins... the amount I have seems okay.
Site speed doesn't look great. Mobile = 12 and Desktop = 42. Page Speed Insights indicates that the area I could save the most is if I "defer offscreen images". Thoughts? What is acceptable here?
Sorry for all the questions... just want to make sure I am doing this right. Thanks! Jon

Reactions: egelerli

egelerli

Jun 8, 2020
I am not sure if this is the thread for asking questions? I'm wondering about the Site Title (Home Title) piece. Is the site title the same my blog name: On To New Adventures? Is "It's A Lovely Life" your Site Title as well as the name of your blog? Please let me know if I need to post this somewhere else.

Pete or Heather, can you tell me where to post so that I can get a reply?

Heather Reese

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2020
Hi! Yes, that is our site title. You can add more descriptive words in your tagline. It should be an option with your theme.

Heather Reese

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2020
Okay... not sure I should say, "done"... maybe "making progress"? I have an "About Me Page" it looks pretty good as far as addressing what my blog is about. I am a bit confused as to how search engines (Google) can find the content... how do I "do" SEO? Is there a language or format I need to use? Where do I enter that? In All in One SEO?
Site speed doesn't look great. Mobile = 12 and Desktop = 42. Page Speed Insights indicates that the area I could save the most is if I "defer offscreen images". Thoughts? What is acceptable here?
Sorry for all the questions... just want to make sure I am doing this right. Thanks! Jon
Hi Jon!

I saw your reply below too... but yep, it will all come together for you after you get through all the days! My mind was the same way as yours when I first started getting into SEO because it is really exciting how much you can do with it and I wanted to do all the things right away. In reality, it is a process that you keep building upon, which I love! Keep us posted!

Jon Wierenga

Apr 4, 2020
Hi Jon!

I saw your reply below too... but yep, it will all come together for you after you get through all the days! My mind was the same way as yours when I first started getting into SEO because it is really exciting how much you can do with it and I wanted to do all the things right away. In reality, it is a process that you keep building upon, which I love! Keep us posted!
Okay... I was worried that I was missing something really important. I am trying to ramp things up and get some more results; I just want to make sure I am doing everything I can to make this happen while following your advice!
Jon

Jun 8, 2020
My Site speeds were 9 desktop and 7 mobile. Yikes! LOL

HollyT

Apr 6, 2020
Elgin, TX
Done. I was making it to hard to enter my Favicon but it is done.
I am having issues with site speed but I will keep after that. I do have All in ONe SEO but for some reason - I don't know how or why- I ended up with Yoest as well. Should I 'unplug' the Yoest?